I’m in Singapore!
And I’m going to be here for the whole summer, 3 months to be exact, for some kind of an internship at the National University of Singapore (NUS). Working on what? Of course… deep learning, baby! 😀
Well, at least… working on an attempt to solve my research problems using deep learning, because it has become the buzzword of today’s NLP research. Yeah, that’s it.
I actually arrived 2 weeks ago, but only recently I finally get myself settled at my new office, with PC and cards: (from up to bottom) ez-link card for easy payment *for bus, MRT/LRT, swimming pool, printing, and I don’t know what else, probably many more*, NUS access card to get inside my office *even to get inside the room I need this card*, and lastly… my TEP card, which allows me to freely enter/exit Singapore during these 3 months.
I haven’t met my advisor yet, because he was still out of office until this week. So maybe next week. But I’ve met some of the colleagues from the group.
Enough about the working part, now… what can I do during my free time? Singapore is boring, some people said ;), but I’ve checked this list of 50 things to do in Singapore and 52 things to do in Singapore before you die, and come up with my own list, 15 things I want to do in Singapore:
- Go trekking: Bukit Timah Nature Reserve, MacRitchie Treetop Walk and along the (defunct) KTM railway track.
- Go rock climbing at Dairy Farm, Singapore’s only natural outdoor rock climbing
- Cycling at the East Coast Park
- Cycling in Pulau Ubin and Chek Jawa
- Re-connect with mother nature at Sungei Buloh
- Have a picnic at the Botanical Gardens
- Feel on top of Singapore at the Marina Bay Sands Skypark
- Have a party at the Singapore 50th birthday
- Visit a Public Swimming Complex
- Visit Sentosa island and Universal Studios Singapore
- Visit Haw Par Villa
- Take on an escape room challenge
- Cultural tours around Chinatown, Little India and Kampong Glam, plus food tasting
- Shop till drop at the Great Singapore Sale
- Get trackside at the Singapore F1 Grand Prix – vroom vroom *this year it will start on 18th of September, which is exactly the last day of my internship :D*
Some of them I can do by myself, but for some others I need companions :(. So, come here, dear friends! and family *adeeek, ayo sini sini*! and bear! Let’s have some fun in Singapore 🙂