Posted by Paramita Mirza on November 5, 2013
One continent down, only 3 more to go! Well, Antarcticat maybe can be crossed out from the list *too cold >.<* leaving Africat and Australia. But I stepped only on a very small tip of America, and of U.S. even, I will definitely come back another time.
I spent only two weeks (mainly) in New York. The first few days exploring NYC, then we flew to Buffalo for Niagara Falls and drove back to NYC. Too bad I don’t have Canada visa so I couldn’t see the falls from the Canadian side *which is said to be more beautiful*, but seeing the falls up front from the “Maid of the Mist” boat was already majestic ^^. A picture paints a thousand words, so here you go… some pictures from the trip.
Read more »
Posted by Paramita Mirza on October 10, 2013
I knooow.. I should start writing my paper, but I can’t stop being excited about my upcoming trip >.<
Call me… Fnu! 😀 My name is Paramita, Fnu Paramita…
Getting the tourist visa was quite easy actually:
- Fill the online application form for non-immigrant visa (DS-160) in here. There is a warning in that site **Please be patient as you use this form. Download times may vary depending on your internet connection speed.** But for me, the patience was mostly needed to fill those pages of questions, and the last page is totally nonsense.
- Schedule an appointment for interview. Since I apply from Italy, here is the website for that. No complicated things there, just fill the form, including the details of the application number of DS-160.
- Make the payment, in the same website.
- Go for interview. I did it in the Consulate General of U.S. in Milan. We cannot enter the building with our bags, so I put it in a cafe nearby, which has this side business of renting bag lockers because of that ^^;
- Pick up the passport stamped with the visa. Well, there is also an option to send the passport back with extra fee, and I regret that I didn’t take that option…
Read more »